David,

Sorry for the late reply.  As I've stated before, we are certainly not
satisfied with our recent uptime with the Email Service's servers and we are
evaluating every option to ensure that Tucows can provide the level of
performance you and we expect from the service.

We have already made progress by identifying the bug that caused the servers
to crash and by upgrading the version of the email server application, which
included this bug fix.  This upgrade also reduced our startup time by 50% -
this startup time will be improved even more as we are taking further steps
to decrease the system load during startup.

We believe that the steps taken have improved system stability greatly,
however we continue to focus on making this better.  It will be our track
record over the next few months that will allow you to determine the
progress we've made.

Regarding Email Defense - the email servers are in no way associated to the
Email Defense systems environment.  Different hardware, different software
vendor, etc.  I have full confidence in this service.

Please feel free to call me directly if you'd like to discuss further.  I'd
be happy to talk.
Bruce

Bruce Dorland
Product Manager