This one annoys me. .CAs aren't exactly friendly to code in the API to begin with, and there is no similar registry to test. (In other words, you could take away my .net HORIZON environment, since .COM acts the same)

Is it gone for good, or is this a temporary thing?

We deal with CIRA directly. I assume the drop of the .ca from the HORIZON environment is due to CIRA's upcoming overhaul of their transaction system. This overhaul involves shutting down their test environment, so OpenSRS is just passing the savings on to you, the consumer. :)

I've been told it's temporary, though, and that CIRA will reinstate their test environment as some future date (Q4 maybe, I think).

- Colin