Is a renewal still required for OpenSRS Reseller to Reseller transfers?

The reason that I ask is that some of our registrations are hosting clients and some
are not.  We handle renewals differently between the two groups of clients so we don't
want to send the same automated notices to everyone.  We've basically been handling
the renewal notices manually but that's a royal pain.

We would like to have two reseller accounts so that we can have different automated
notices, but we need to be able to transfer registrations between the two as needed
without the renewal being forced upon us.  ..Or maybe there is a better way of
handling this type of thing?

-Del