All this chatter about software dev jobs, someone here might
be interested in the following, thought they may require you
to relocate to CA:

----8<----
Hi Jarod,

I'm hoping you'll be willing to help me out on a search I'm doing for Linux
kernel engineering and all around Mobile device engineering talent.   Our
teams here work on current, past, and future generations of the portable,
hand-held Kindle.

We have opportunities for design and implementation experts in embedded
Linux kernel and drivers to work on our Linux Kernel 2.6 based OS, KindleOS.
The roles require established skills in C, and embedded systems as well as a
track record of shipping robust and innovative products on an aggressive
schedule.

We also have other opportunities more focused on the front end /
application layer of the Kindle.  Android, Blackberry, or WinMo developers
with expertise in areas like Java, Brew, any UI or UI frameworks would be
qualified for these.

These opportunities are based in Cupertino, CA USA.  We'd consider people
who have from 2 years or 20+ years of experience, if they have skills at the
level of expertise required, we'd love to chat with them.

If you know anyone qualified and interested in something like this,  feel
free to contact me and or forward this on.

Thanks Jarod,

Tom Mesch |  Talent Acquisition |  Lab126
Part of the Amazon group of companies
Researching and developing the Kindle

tmesch at lab126 dot com
Office: 408.792.6628