hi all,

i'm playing with a new laptop. tried running ubuntu 11.04 but it kept crashing. tried running fedora 15 but it kept crashing. guessed it had something to do with the environment so i installed xubuntu. it's currently not crashing but i am getting a constant stream of spikes in cpu usage. it appears x and kworker are eating up almost 100% of the cpu about once a second.

any tips on how to stop this? all my other linux boxes are happy. but this inexpensive laptop is giving me the blues.

tia,

eric c (the one who said he was going to get a new laptop from system76 but tried to save cash)