Hi Bluers,

I just got the boss to sign off on getting me a new workstation.

https://www.system76.com/desktops/model/wildebeest

Should have my hands on it in a week. I shall control the universe, or at least our small business, from this wonderful computer. It will be used for development and a couple of vm's. I'll put xfce on it of course. ^.^

I have to say it's so darn nice to just buy a computer with gnu/linux on it. This is my first one. I've done a ton of installs but finally I don't have to be concerned with little things that don't work.

Just had to tell the group and share my geek ecstasy.

//

Dreamhost sucks. They host my $work email and 3 websites. Constant issues. Today everything died. Email, websites, and even dreamhost's site! This is the 3rd time in 2 months the email went down. I'm thinking of hosting the sites myself (a server from system76 perhaps) and moving the email to google. I want to support dreamhost but they're just not ready for real business.

Anyway, I'm getting a new computer!

- Eric C.