On 06/10/2013 09:48 PM, jbk wrote:
I don't want to keep my mail on a server, I want to keep it on the mail client at home.

GIS is Galaxy and they cease to exist June 30th.

Jim KR

Thanks for all the responses. I've a bit to chew on and I'll need to confirm my understanding of what has been posted, but that will take me some time to compose as I only have an hour or so in the evening to focus on this.

Jim KR

I registered a domain with godaddy and have purchased their business email package with spam filtering. $6 a month for 5 mail boxes on a yearly subscription. The mail setup was a little confusing because they have a free email that is provided with the domain registration which I don't use next to the paid for subscription with out much distinguishing identity. I've had it up about a week and mail is coming in from those organizations I've updated my contact info like blu.org, backuppc.org and a few others. It's too early to evaluate their spam filtering. This seems to fit what I need. I'm not setting up a web page, they'd like me to so that they could populate it with their preferred advertising, but I don't really want a presence on the web. So there we are.

--
Jim KR
j...@kjkelra.com