On 10/4/2013 12:25 PM, Tim Callaghan wrote:
Bill, I'm happy to help but a little confused by the question. Can you provide the schema for this example?

OK, suppose I have three tables, constructed like so:

<key> | Name | Address | City | State | Zip | TN | Ext | Cell | - call it the "People" table

<key> | <People key> | Meeting Description| Start Date | End Date | - call this the "Meetings" table

<key> | <People key> | Evaluation Type | Date of evaluation | Reason for evaluation | Result | - call this the "Evaluations" table

Now, I want to query *BOTH* the "Meetings" and "Evaluations" tables, and get a result which shows every entry in the "People" table which matches *EITHER* a meeting or an evaluation (or both), within a range of dates, without any duplicates. In other words, I want a list of people who attended a meeting or received an evaluation during the time period.

I hope that's more clear, but I'll be glad to provide additional info if needed.

Bill