ma...@mohawksoft.com wrote:
Tread lightly, being "absolutist" means you will convince no one and are
merely singing to the choir. If you are fair and balance the facts, give
credit where credit is due, open minded people will hear you.

Yep. I mean, I have two very up-front reasons not to use Linux. The first is the state of desktop environments. For all of the choices available there are none that are as usable and as polished as Macintosh, and few that are substantially better than Windows 7. The second is the mechanisms the Linux kernel uses to dynamically enumerate devices at boot time are stupid. I don't care if that's how Linus wants it; they're stupid. They cause too many problems and have spawned too many incompatible and non-portable workarounds.

--
Rich P.