Tom Metro wrote:
I think much of the reset ends up being carefully developed in-house
configurations that haven't been shared back with the community.

That's because a HA configuration is unique to the services and applications it's wrapped around. I can share how I implemented a given HA cluster in general terms but the specifics won't do you any good. You can't pick up my config and drop it onto your cluster and expect it to work because it won't.

Except when it will. That's what AWS and similar services do. But they do it not with service groups and resources but with entire virtual machines. Very nifty, actually, and very enticing to an organization that wants lots of computing power for little money. Of course none of these are actually highly available services, a little fact that gets neglected when the bean counters look at costs. But, hey, you get what you pay for.

--
Rich P.