On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 05:03:02PM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I am moving to a new home, and I was considering using a Samsung 32" TV
> as an alternative screen. One drawback is that my computer does not have
> HDMI, but that is a minor issue.

I have a 1080p LCD TV, and I've found that for uses other than playing
video games or movies, it is not sharp enough to really use as a
monitor (i.e. text is too hard to read unless you enlarge it
substantially).  It is a few years old and I can't really say if newer
TVs are better in that regard...

-=-=-=-=-