On 10/1/2014 8:27 PM, Rich Braun wrote:
So: the dog-cage idea.

Laugh if you want but I'm quite serious. I picked on dog cages because they're strong and reasonably mobile until you remove the wheels and bolt them down. Or chain to a couple of concrete blocks. Or embed in concrete. Or whatever. Any similar, heavy duty cage will do, and do better than using a lock cable because it prevents chassis access.

Good data security starts with good physical security.

Maybe I'll commission a sculpture artist to help implement this idea?

Sure. Run with it.

Got an ornamental fire place? Know a blacksmith? Have him make a wrought iron server cage for your fire place and put one of those fake fire frames at the front to conceal it.

--
Rich P.