On 10/8/2014 2:39 PM, Rich Braun wrote:
Richard Pieri <richard.pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Huh. For some reason I though[t] the last Ubuntu LTS was 12.04.

Decoding the Ubuntu release schedule; since at least 2007 it's been predictable:

Yes, I'm familiar with Ubuntu's schedule and nomenclature. Doesn't mean that some part of my brane does not link 14.04 with LTS.

By the by, continuous integration isn't Ubuntu's model. It's been Debian's model since woody. Ubuntu looks like a continuous integration (or rolling) distribution because Ubuntu releases start out life as snapshots of Debian unstable. Riding on Debian's shoulders is what puts Ubuntu ahead. And to hear the Debian folks tell it, Canonical contributes very little in the other direction.

--
Rich P.