On 12/5/19 12:31 PM, jbk wrote:
On 12/5/19 8:00 AM, jbk wrote:
On 12/4/19 8:47 PM, jbk wrote:
On 12/4/19 7:56 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
Dan Ritter wrote:
jbk wrote:
On 12/4/19 5:15 AM, Steven Santos wrote:
try a different dns.

It was unreachable with the comcast dns.

Works fine with 8.8.8.8 and opendns
Changing dns server has not succeeded yet. How long should I expect to wait
before new server provides results?
60 seconds, max.
207.210.201.125 is the IP I resolved.

It appears to be a cPanel controlled virtual server, owned by Endurance, which, interestingly, has offices in Burlington and Waltham. Oh -- they're the corporate parent of Constant Contact,
Hostgator, Sitebuilder, and a bunch of others.

The connectivity is via Cogent, and that might or might not be the issue: Cogent has a history of getting into spats with other major ISPs; it wouldn't be too surprising if there was a game of one-upsmanship going on between Comcast and Cogent. But I don't
know, I'm just speculating.

-dsr-

That ip agrees with what I found. The thing is I can access Fedoraforum at work through a comcast modem with no trouble. I've tried the google dns and opendns without success so far.

Is there any possibility that my dd-wrt router could be blocking a single address w/o me actively blocking a particular site? Since I'm bridged that is the direction the finger is going to point when comcasts tech comes so I'd really like to nip that in the bud.

Backing up I should note that I do run dnsmasq on my router, but as I understand it only caches local addresses. It can be set to block content but other than the standard options I have never set specifics. I have been running it with no problems with the current setting for over a year.

Til now

--
Jim Kelly-Rand
j...@kjkelra.com