On 2010/10/09 10:49 AM  Bernhard Dippold wrote:
In my opinion Gmane posting is an additional nice-to-have feature, that can be improved, when time allows it. ... especially if there is a workaround (subscribe-nomail) ...

That is not a workaround. The purpose of Gmane is to treat a email list as a newsgroup so you do not always receive a ton of emails that you have to delete after reading or ignoring. A newsgroup allows you to read only the topics that interest you rather than downloading every message.

Why would I want to receive emails from this list when I can read and reply through Gmane's News Server (NNTP) ?

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan   Canada
Website:  http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese