On 17/10/10 04:26 AM, AG wrote:
On 16/10/10 22:33, Scott Furry wrote:
In TDF archive is the message thread of observations about the deb repository and setting it up.
See the thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg00497.html
"[TDF discuss] LO deb repo" for more details.
I found that I had to uninstall beta1 to get things to work.
Once I squared away beta1/beta2 issues things went swimmingly.

Install from the cmd line for apt I had to use "libreoffice3* libobasis3* libreoffice-menus*" when I first installed but after that updates were picked up normally.

Can you elaborate a bit pls?
prompt> sudo apt-get install libreoffice3* lobasis3.3* libreoffice-debian-menus
Thanks for the details Scott

I followed this, removed the previously installed beta 2 version of LibO and attempted an installation as per your apt-get line. The result:

/var/cache/apt/archives/libobasis3.3-core01_3.3.0-9_i386.deb
<snip>...
/var/cache/apt/archives/libobasis3.3-writer_3.3.0-9_i386.deb

So no go. Perhaps this is just me, but I really don't think that one should have this degree of difficulty installing an application, especially when - generally speaking - apt-get is one of the more robust package managers available.

So, back to removing any partial installs and re-installing by hand.

Thanks anyway.
AG

I would take a guess that if you did an "apt-get install" prior to this, then you may have some kind of "unclean" copies of debs. Did you happen to think of doing an "apt-get clean" or "apt-get autoremove" before trying the download again?

SF

--
E-mail to discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org for instructions on how to