On 10/15/2010 07:35 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

> We may decide to have different targeted versions of LibO for education;
> business; academic; SOHO; corporate etc. with added value plugins.

Rather than creating umpteen different versions of LibO, how about
umpteen different collections of extensions?  Include the most popular,
or theoretically most useful half a dozen or so collections in the
installation package, allowing the user which package(s) they want to
install.

> I would also suggest not to drown the new user with too many new extensions
> (especially with them showing up in the menu bars)

+1

#####

On a semi-related note, my suggestion is for extensions to be off one
menu, and not create their own top menu item.  (IOW, all extensions are
found under "Extensions", rather than have a top line menu item, like
".riess", "toools", "Scale Assistent", etc.)

I'd also suggest that toolbars be mergable into existing toolbars,
rather than create their own new toolbar.

jonathon
--
No human will see non-list, non-bulk, non-junk email sent to this address.
It all gets forwarded to /dev/null

--
E-mail to discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org for instructions on how to