On Oct 19, 2010, at 13:50 , Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 2010-10-18 6:27 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
>> Even if the Reply=To were modified, wouldn't the inclusion of the OP on
>> the messages fall apart as soon as somebody didn't use Reply All?
>
> The purpose of Reply-To header is to manage how replies are handled.
> a standards compliant mail client that doesn't ignore it.

Unfortunately, Charles, about 99.3% of the general public, or, say, 87.2% of
the people on this list don't have such a mail client.  At the moment I'm using
Mac Mail, which pulls the sender's name if I press Reply, and everybody's name
if I press Reply All.  As far as I remember Outlook has the same
characteristics.  I can't remember what T-Bird did on Linux and I haven't used
pine in a hundred years.

I think this is probably because Reply To is not set in most clients, and is
filled in on sending from the Sender field.

//J

--
E-mail to discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org for instructions on how to