El 29/10/10 05:10, Ercole Carpanetto escribió:
The *perceived* speed of startup is something that should really be
considered by the designers here. The perception (rather than an
objectively measured reality) is what counts.

A typeahead function would help improve the situation. On my slower portable computer, the most frustrating aspect is that I have to wait for 3-4 seconds after the empty document appears before the cursor starts to flash. If I type characters before that ( i.e. before LibreOffice is completely loaded), it often hangs and I have to force-quit and restart the program.

--
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada) -- http://mgagnon.net