Am 31.10.2010 22:53, schrieb Michel Gagnon:
> Le 2010-10-31 17:28, Andy Brown a écrit :
>> Links were posted that explained how things work.  I understand how
>> and maybe even why, but that does not mean I agree with them.

> In my book, it is called a bug.
> The philosophy was explained and I read how non-removable extensions
> should now be installed or removed, but the procedure doesn't work under
> Windows 7.

Same for Vista...

> For instance, I am able to open the installer and modify my
> installation to remove the Vietnamese dictionary; however I cannot
> modify my installation to remove the PDF Import and Persenter Console.

They are not listed in the 'change' dialogue, there is a topic called
extensions (de: Erweiterungen) which got an X by default.
Set on true the installer 'copies new files' but the number of
extensions doesn't change and the next time you call setup it is set on
X again. What is it about?

And - how would anyone suggest to remove e.g. languagetool?

> And there is no way I can remove the "Dictionnaire français moderne" to
> replace it with the traditional one that I prefer

Interesting..  I could remove the french dict via Windows...

[...]
> So what is the solution?
> - Either go back to the previous situation, where those extensions were
> removeable from within Office. Locked extensions required someone with
> administrative privileges and removing them required a restart ; others
> did not.

preferably

Erich