Valter Mura wrote:
In data lunedì 15 novembre 2010 17:39:08, Mirek M. ha scritto:

It would also be great if LibO, KOffice, AbiWord,  Gnumeric, Ease, and
all

the other open-source editors worked together to set  standards.
It's called Open Document Format (ODF) and LibO/OOo support it.
It's managed by OASIS (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/) and
has
been accepted
as an ISO standard as well.
I know that ODF is a standard. I meant set other standards, such as
keyboard shortcuts, default websites for content (fonts, templates,
clipart, ...), symbolism, command names, default fonts (as I explained, if
all the open-source projects agreed on a triad of default fonts, these
fonts could easily gain the widespread usage as Times-Arial-Courier have
enjoyed for years), etc.

This is an interesting point of view...

So, what about joining efforts to create a bigger open source office suite project? I mean, LibO, KOffice, Abiword, Gnumeric et als all together against closed and commercial products...
This is an interesting idea, all the open source office software combining to go up against M$ Office. Perhaps being big enough might just do the job, it certainly has for Mozilla, which has taken a BIG bite out of Internet Explorers market share.