Hi,

Most printshops do the RGB-CMYK conversion themselves,
normal home/office printing devices take in RGB.

If your friend wants to enter the field of "real" DTP (and
does not have/want the cash to shell out to Adobe) he could
go for Scribus, a cross-platform FOSS DTP application.
Scribus imports styles and some formatting from OOo/LibO.

The learning curve (in DTP) is quite steep, and you're
entering a minefield of professional techniques and jargon
which is best handled by the printshops - unless one wants
to take the plunge themselves.

The easiest would be to place the LibO-RGB.pdf in an image
frame in Scribus (each page separately) and let Scribus
render the file to Scribus-CMYK.pdf.

There are also a bunch of command-line tools which can
assist in such a conversion, but for them to be useful one
has to know exactly which parameters to use.

Regards,

Sveinn í Felli

On 12/16/2010 08:08 AM, skrifaði Fernand Vanrie: