The suggestion, apparently stated at a show recently by Google
staffers, is that "certain words associated with copyright breaqking
on the internet" will be removed from the quick-searching terms that
the updated version of Google pops up for you. It was said to be
because of the new digital copyright protection regulations mainly in
the USA but to a lesser extent also in Europe and the example they
used was the word "torrent".

It was reported in several magazines, including Linux User and
Developer and PC Pro recently. Both said that Google would continue to
return results if the word was typed into the search engine but that
it will not be used for the search hints list or quick search features.