On Thu Dec 30 2010 12:19:55 GMT-0800 (PST)  Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

OOXML will spread anyway because MS Office 2007 and 2010 use this format by default. Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid....

If M$ were to use the proper standard then I would have no problem with the OOXML usage. The problem comes in when M$ uses their version instead of the standard, (see http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx ). Reading the OPs links and following links from the different post leads to far more interesting reading. It is funny that the Sun plugin for MSO had better support for ODF than the built-in support from M$. M$ has no interest in any open format standard so they do everything, including sabotage to do away with them.

My 2cents.

Andy