On 1/3/11 8:43 AM, Johannes A. Bodwing wrote:

What's the background (for ESC) to decide what leads to the best
software for users?

I apologize for repeating myself, but the ESC will decide upon positive contributions, suggestions or requests. You suggest a feature, promote a technology, contribute a new export filter.

It does not make any sense to take a decision in order to bash a single company. We are in the market to promote free software and good ethics in a positive way.

Most office suite users are looking for software able to create and manage documents. They are looking for positive answers.

Or is it just a lack of communication?

I do not think it is a lack of communication. It is a different agenda: TDS's is FOR free software, other people's one is AGAINST Microsoft.

Bashing Microsoft in the name of ethics is a total nonsense. Ethics is a positive concept, and cannot be used to justify any negative action whatsoever.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
E-mail: italo.vign...@documentfoundation.org