On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 10:33 -0500, Fabián Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sending email invitations to my close network of friends and
> colleagues, and to projects I participate in, inviting them to join
> LibreOffice. I thought I'd share this. I'd like to ask where would be
> the best place in the wiki to put such examples and their translations ?
> I know within the Marketing project this makes sense but I also thought
> we'd need to expose this more.
>
> Of course adapt & customize them depending on your audience, if you end
> up using any of them!
>
> These are just 3 examples:
>
> For end-users:
> [Trisquel-users] An invitation to ask your questions about LibreOffice
> on "Ask LibreOffice"
> http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-users/2011-January/002372.html
>
> For developers:
> [Trisquel-devel] An invitation to become a LibreOffice contributor
> http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-devel/2011-January/000345.html
>
> For end-users, in French:
> [Trisquel-utilisateurs] Invitation à connaître LibreOffice
> http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-utilisateurs/2011-January/000050.html
>
> Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Hello Fabian

Well, that is all well and good.

I suppose you most likely saw what I said with regards to third party
support sites and in the abstract I will stand by what I said.

But i the real world we don't really work I abstracts do we.

So - a couple of comments.

Your emails have no link to the actual LibreOffice project.

Your site has no links to the actual LibreOfficce project.

Clicking on a LibreOffice logo and going any place other the
http://libreoffice.org is not acceptable IMO

(Which means I need to change 1 site I currently manage and I will do
that today)

Finally - whatever abstracts I believe in I believe in community more
and when the LibreOffice trademark policy is published I will certainly
stand behind the collective decision in that regard.

OK - I just did not want any misunderstanding.

Finally - you should understand that I will push very hard for these
type of supports systems within the community project - I will also,
assuming sites conform to the soon to be finished trademark policy fight
for your right to exist also.

Thanks

Drew