Hi Sophie, Italo, Charles, David, Ivan, ... *!

Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2011, 14:58 +0300 schrieb Sophie Gautier:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
> <charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> > Le Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:44:50 +0100,
> > Italo Vignoli <italo.vign...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> >> identi.ca is totally (I mean TOTALLY) unknown in most geographies, so
> >> it does not make any sense to abandon the popular services for the
> >> sake of the unknown ones because they are free and open. Twitter, in
> >> this specific acception, is a costless marketing tool, and it makes a
> >> lot of sense to continue using it now. In the future, we will see.
> >
> > No worries, you can use identi.ca and twitter at the same time (each
> > time you 'dent' it's synced with Twitter, so we can have both of them.
>
> ... and then automatically send it to FB, so one dent for 3 posts ;-)
> Your dents (and others) also arrive on my IM via xmpp.

Italo, sorry for being misleading here - it is not about limiting the
impact of any marketing activity. The twitter messages will be available
in their network, so outside the LibreOffice website there won't be any
changes. If I understand Sophie's message correctly, it will even get
better :-)

What this discussions might kick of is, to decide whether we (being an
open-source project) want to present commercial services on the LibO
frontpage - especially since there is an open alternative. I think, this
would also be a good sign for developers interested in FLOSS - to
present a deep relationship with other open projects.

However, since I'm not the one who likes to use Twitter or identi.ca,
this is a decision for the Marketing.

@ Florian: Finally you get pinged as well ...

Cheers,
Christoph