Hi Jonathan, *,

<damokles4-lis...@bits-fritz.de>  a écrit :
> [...]

[..]

>>> I've a different view whom beeing part of the community:
>>> What's about one passing the (upcoming) DVD to his neighbour plus
>>> giving him first support but never appearing in the official
>>> "contributing system" here?

[..]

>> So to me there are also advocates and promoters who are very happy
>> without an email address or a special status.

>     Friedrich may i add that all i have see on other FOSS projects is
> that mails are given to big time developers to the project, not users
> or fans of a given project.

"All" is a big word here ;o)). I was Member of one of the largest FOSS
communities (think of three "O" two upper case, lower case the last) for
many (some 7 or 8) years, where it was obligatory to get a mailadress
just to have an account for some (by far not all) community resources
(issuetracker). So You did oversee at least one.. And the best: there
was no way to get rid of it!  No way to delete the account :o)).

Seriously I think in respect of our (the successor of the above) project
size we have to go our own way. And I continue thinking it wasn't to bad
to get "a member" that easy.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich