I have to admit to being totally frustrated now.  I cleared any reference to
OpenOffice and LibreOffice from the registry, AND, even though neither
OpenOffice, LibreOffice nor StarOffice were listed as installed programs at
Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, I found and removed some directories
(and files) of OpenOffice, LibreOffice and StarOffice just in case that is
the reason for the conflict.  I even changed the anti-virus program on my
computer thinking that may be where the problem is, all to no avail.  When
the installation stops (hangs) at about 4/5th the way on the progress bar,
both the NEXT and BACK buttons are ghosted, but I can click on CANCEL which
prompts a warning window asking if I am sure I want to cancel the
installation.  When I click on YES, nothing happens, and the only why to
clear the installation window(s) is by using "End Task" of the Windows Task
Manager.  Using "Alt + Tab" did not show any other warning screen.  I am
reluctant to do anything else in the Registry without specific guidance.  I
don't know what to do, but I need to be able to use the Calc part of either
OpenOffice of LibreOffice.  As far as I can tell I am not having any other
problems on my computer.  Thanks for any other help