On 04/24/2011 01:36 PM, Robert Derman wrote:

I have said this a number of times, and that at least the English
version is sadly deficient in compound words, at least the one in OOo
3.11 which I am still using because I am reluctant to give up the
personal dictionary to which I have added perhaps thousands of compound
words. If the current release of LO is significantly better in this area
I haven't heard of it. Nor do I know how to find and save/copy/move my
personal dictionary.
On a related matter, I believe that if a developer/programmer could put
instructions on this list, I believe that a few users like me with
greatly enhanced personal dictionaries could send them in as attachments
and someone could use them to build a better word list that would make
for a much better spell check function for LO.

Not a bad idea. It may be even better to try to identify a whole new word list that has a license open enough for LibO to use.

     ----Jon