Hi,

2011/6/6 Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com>:
> On Jun 6, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Volker Merschmann wrote:
>> 2011/6/6 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Until the TDF has taken that last step, expect to be challenged about
>>> your readiness ;-)
>>>
>>> I'd like to take up your offer :-)
>>>
>>> But here on this list and on the understanding that we're trying to
>>> work together to assess for the public record how close the TDF is
>>>
>> TDF is so near that it had offered help to Oracle last month:
>> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/06/06/publishing-our-recommendation-to-oracle/
>>

> Good to see the list... Not knowing things for sure, but I
> would guess that Oracle had issues with #3, which gave away
> (what I would expect to be) huge chunks of h/w infrastructure,
> esp to an entity which was still in the process (though close!)
> of finalizing its foundational status...

I think you have misread that. There was no question for getting any
infrastructure or hardware. Just the possiblity to _transfer_ the
content of wikis/web etc.
This is the same as with ASF now.
And you oversee (as many) that there is an interim legal entity, the
"Freies Office Deutschland e.V.".

Volker

--
Volker Merschmann