Hi folks,
I want to share an idea with you.

I know that there will be no union of LO and OO, but I think it is an advantage
for both projects to have some general Libraries developed together.

As a sample I think of GTK, which in its beginning was only a Toolkit developed
for GIMP, but nowadays is used by Gnome, Xfce and many others.

So I think it would be good if some parts of LO/OOo were developed together
with Apache where no different goals exist. I understand that this won't work
for the core modules like Writer, Impress, Calc, etc. But what about the Window
toollkit and the import/export filters?

Whether this development can happen under the hood of Apache or TDF has to be
discussed then, but what do you think about the general idea?

Samuel