On 18 Jun 2011, at 11:35, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jim Jagielski wrote on 2011-06-15 17.28:
>> Maybe it's a language issue, but no, the imprint does nothing
>> at all to make it clear. It simply says, in effect, FroDev wrote
>> the content and they are responsible for the content on
>> the site. It says nothing at all about the legal structure
>> at all.
>
> so, how would you write things to be understandable much better? I'm really
> curious to hear how the perception could be made better... (seriously asking,
> not meant with bad intentions

How about changing the text in the footer that reads:

> "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks. Their
> respective logos and icons are subject to international copyright laws. The
> use of these therefore is subject to our trademark policy.

to read:

The project names "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered
trademarks of their host, [http://www.frodev.org Freies Office Deutschland
e.V.], a non-profit organisation registered in Germany. The respective logos
and icons used by these projects are also subject to international copyright
laws. Use of any of them is subject to the
[http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TradeMark_Policy trademark policy].

S.