On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 17:15 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:

> No answer to your questions,

Then, how come I feel like my questions are answered?

>                              because I have only got WinXP. But other ideas:
> You find the version information in the file program\version.ini
> (Windows here). It is a textfile, so it should be easily displayed.

Thank you.  I have found install/program/versionrc, which I
can just grep to the terminal in my debug session.

> You can edit the text, which is shown in the title bar of a running LO.
> This string is in share (that of top level)\registry\brand.xcd. It is
> node "Product" and therein node "ooName". So you can enter the
> information you want to see. That is shorter than opening Help>About.

Again, thank you.

Would these tips be worth mentioning in "How To Build
LibreOffice"
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build>
under the heading "Multiple Work Dirs"?  Is there a better
place to say these things?

Terry.