On 09/19/2011 02:35 AM, jef.peeraer wrote:

> i try to upgrade all my OOo users to LO, but encounter a serious problem.
> i have a template for labels to be printed on a ql-1060 (which has
> default labels of 102 mm (4") width). The label format in the template
> is user defined, 10,2 cm width and 6 cm height, portrait orientation. This
> used to work perfectly with OOo, but with LO, the print dialog suddenly
> shows the label in landscape orientation (that is 6cm width and 10,2 cm
> height). i have to go the the properties of the label printer, and change
> the orientation from landscape to portrait manually.
> so i have the impression tha the page orientation from LO is not passed to
> the label printer. this is rather annoying stuff, whicg can be worked
> arround, but is very confusing.
>
> jef peeraer

You fail to mention which version of LO and which OS; can you please advise?

If 3.4.x then I *highly* recommend trying 3.3.4 instead. To me it seems
that 3.4.x (3.4.3) is full of bugs and should never have been released
at all, particularly with this statement:

<http://www.libreoffice.org/download/>
<quote>
LibreOffice 3.4.3 Final (2011-08-31)

Safe for production use by most users and enterprises.
</quote>

That statement is, at the very least (again IMO, but can be verified by
the bug reports), wrong. Note: for anyone that disputes that, simply
review the users list and bug reports - you'll find many issues
regarding 3.4.x that are resolved by reverting back to 3.3.x.