2011/9/24 Italo Vignoli <italo.vign...@gmail.com>

> PLEASE BE WARNED, THIS IS NOT A TOTALLY SERIOUS PROFILE
>
> Who am I?
>
> At 57, I am the grandfather of The Document Foundation, but I can
> anticipate that you will find me jumping around for a long time as I
> plan to work full time on advocating FOSS when I will retire in eight
> years (good marketing planning looks at the long term...).
>
> During my working life, I have done quite a few things, that you can
> find summarized in my Linkedin profile:
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/italovignoli.
>
> If you want to know how I ended up in marketing of technology products
> with a background in humanities, you can read my very personal story,
> which I wrote for the tenth anniversary of ComputerWorld Italy:
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/italovignoli.
>
> The story is in Italian, but I can anticipate that it is written in a
> style which makes Google Translate shine, apart from some hiccups.
>
> Of course, this is the absolute truth. It all happened in June 1982.
>
> What I have done for TDF?
>
> Don't look at statistics, as you won't find my name anywhere. I've just
> tried to do what I know best: provide some marketing advice, and try to
> make TDF and LibreOffice as popular as possible by engaging the media.
>
> I have also gone a few miles around to represent TDF at conferences in
> Chicago, Zagreb and Athens, and I will also be speaking at LinuxCon
> Europe in Prague in October.
>
> What motivates me to work for TDF?
>
> I have a professional challenge: with a marketing budget of zero (in
> letters it looks bigger), outsmart corporations with a marketing budget
> with six or more zeros (and with a number in front which makes it more
> significant).
>
> I have managed to achieve this objective at OOo in Italy, and I would
> like to achieve the same objective at TDF.
>
> What will I be doing, should I get elected?
>
> I promise that I will never write a single line of code, and this is
> quite important for software stability. In addition, I will cook pasta
> at hackfests and on spare time I will handle some marketing and media
> relations.
>
> I am also going to have an awful lot of fun, as any serious grandfather
> deserves when he is close to retiring.
>
> END OF PARTIALLY SERIOUS PROFILE
>
> I promise I will be more serious when answering additional enquiries.
>
> Ciao, Italo
>
> --
> Italo Vignoli
> italo.vign...@gmail.com
> mobile +39.348.5653829
> VoIP +39.02.320621813
> skype italovignoli

Was looking forward to reading your very personal story, Italo - without the
aid of Google Translate - but was unable to find it on the Linkedin page to
which you linked above. Is the following the blog you had in mind (
http://www.cwi.it/2010/02/01/nasce-il-nuovo-blog-sistemaperto-riflessioni-in-liberta-sullopen-source/)
or, if not, could you point me to another ?...

Henri

--

*老朽
頓首