Hi,

> Von: Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
> An: steering-disc...@documentfoundation.org

> What we should agree on soon is whether to run the vote just now and
> wait with the legal set-up until the Foundation is in existence, or
> whether we take the existing MC (needing a deputy for Thorsten, since
> he's in the BoD already) and have a gentlemen's agreement that they step
> back on let's say effective July 1st.
>
> I am in favor of this solution. André, did the MC discuss that during
> yesterday's call? In case we go with the July-1st-solution, all current
> MC members need to agree to be willing to serve in the legal body of the
> future Foundation and be mentioned in the founding documents.

Yes, we discussed that in yesterday's meeting.
See:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership_Committee_Meetings#Minutes_2011-10-31

> * all members agreed to stay for another couple of months in case BoD
>   decides to postpone elections
> * MC suggests to have Norbert Thiebaud and Simon Phipps as additional
    member / deputy in that case

Means - we would like to see the 5+2 MC setup and would ask the BoD to
appoint the successor for Thorsten and two deputies. In our discussion
we considered only two for that position (so other suggestions are
welcome).

All this onlyy for the case we do not have elections right now.

regards,

André