Uwe Altmann wrote:
> It should be possible from my point of view that some devs take
> the responsibility to check new code to avoid api-breaks. And put
> to the conscience of all devs that it should be a top priority to
> avoid breaking the API-compatibility (no matter if they are made
> in OOO or LO).

Hi Uwe, all,

breaking API has, and will happen everytime code is changed. It
happened for OOo, despite a much more heavy-weight development
process, and it will happen in future.

But there's a remedy - every extension author who's interested in
having his extension working is heavily encouraged to test it with
our nightly builds every once in a while:

 http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/

and flag every problem, preferrably with a well-researched bug
report - and even more preferrably show up on our dev list to help
isolate the problem. :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten