On 29 December 2011 00:29, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/28/2011 03:59 PM, NoOp wrote:
> > On 12/28/2011 02:46 PM, Tony Pursell wrote:
> >>
> >> Until I checked it out just now, I didn't realise that the Save icon
> used
> >> in the Ubuntu version of LO is actually a broad green downward arrow on
> top
> >> of a representation of a Hard drive.  Now, I have had no problems saving
> >> documents, so I imagine that things like the position of the icon (next
> >> the Open File icon) and the tool tip are all part of identifying the
> Save
> >> icon.  When I looked at the floppy disk icon on my wife's Win 7
> version, I
> >> realise how old fashioned it looks.
> >>
> >> Tony
> >>

> > That is because you have your icon style set to 'Human'. Ubuntu includes
> > openoffice.org-style-human and libreoffice-style-human in their
> > repositories. If LO provided the same & set the default to 'Human' the
> > save icon would be the same (disk drive with a down arrow).
> >

> Correction: libreoffice-style-humanity
> See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/757304

Thanks for the explanation of why Ubuntu is different.

The point I am making is that an old fashioned floppy disk is not the only
icon
used for Save and the world will not come to an end if some other
appropriate,
and more modern, icon is used in its place.  Having said that, a hard drive
may
be old fashioned in a few years time when SSDs become the norm.

Tony