Pedro wrote

> This request for help should be in the Users mailing list, not the Discuss
> mailing list ;)

Thanks for a friendly reminder! I believe you are right; this should be
posted under Users mailing list. Sorry.

Pedro wrote

> For your information your document is an RTF with a wrong DOC extension
> (just open it in any text editor).  I believe this was an old Abiword bug.
>
> LibreOffice has some known problems in handling with RTF files. The fact
> that it is incorrectly identified as a MS Word DOC file doesn't help
> either.
>
> Unfortunately opening and saving in several text editors can have this
> kind of problems...

Yes, when I open the document with Abiword, it looks good.

Sveinn í Felli wrote

> Can't reproduce this by saving, neither in LibreOffice 3.5.1.2 nor 3.4.5.
> But when I take your Original.doc and choose "Save as", LO offers to save
> it as RTF. And my Konqueror sees it as an RTF despite the .doc extension.
> Does the file originate in MS-Write or TextPad or similar?

As far as I remember, the file originates in AbiWord. This issue could be
related to Abiword, like Pedro mentioned in his message. Thank you for your
time, anyway!