2012/7/15 dave_ <dave.wagne...@gmail.com>:
> By saving a spreadsheet as a csv file, I can import the values into another
> program (it creates labels and btw the program is designed for it printer
> only). The labels are "paired numbers"
>
> Let say I have a column labeled A-O (starting at cell a1
>
> A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H  and so on  (this is row 1)
>
> 1     1   2   2   3   3   4   4   5   5  and so on (this is row a2)
> 6   6   7   7   8   8   9   9   10   10   and so on (this is row a3)
>
> Cell A1 will be the starting input value and the rest will be generated
>
> a1= a1  b2=a2   c2=a2+1    d2=a1+2    e2=a1+2   f2=a1+3 and so on.
> (1)          (1)           (2)               (3)               (3)
> (4)
>
> Since column O makes the total columns number odd (15 colums) I cannot just
> "copy" the cells down.
>
> Any know an easier way of doing this. I am enclosing a sample file
> (hopefully anyway).  :)
>
> Thanks ahead to all that helps.
>
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3995544/Double_Number_Series.ods
> Double_Number_Series.ods

Here is my try:
B8=1
C8=1 (why complicate things?)
D8=IF(B8=C8;C8+1;C8)
Fill D8 to R8.
Select Q8:R8, drag them to B9:C9. These cells will then be the first
two cells on the next row.
Fill D8:P8 to D9:P9 to complete the row.
Now you have a complete row (B9:P9) that you can fill down as far as you want.

Here is my version of your file:
http://ubuntuone.com/0azAbwhwtFk1UEMeG8e6z6

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg