Hello,

I saw today this discussion,:-)

today, a discussion started on the certification mailing list whether we
want to get rid of those mailing list prefixes in the subject, like
[libreoffice-announce], [libreoffice-conference] or [tdf-discuss].

This would be helpful in several ways, like DKIM and other e-mail
signing tools don't break, plus it looks much better in the mail overview.

However, this depends on how people filter their e-mail. Filtering on
the subject line is a *real* bad idea, rather use the List-Post or
List-Id header. However, some mail clients don't support that.

filtering mail is not only put them into a folder, but also group them in a folder like SUSE, KDE or OFFICE, in this case prefix is very useful to have at a glance where that email came from.

Are there mailing lists where we could get rid of this prefix? What do
people think?

Me, people, think that is a *real* bad idea to ge rid of prefix!!!! please don't do this!!!!!

I would imagine that for the users list, removing the prefix is a bad
idea, while for other lists, it could work pretty well.

Thoughts?
Florian

Thank you, ciao, :-))