On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster
<webmas...@krackedpress.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2013 03:44 PM, Keith Curtis wrote:
>>
>> Hi;
>>
>> I'm working on a proposal for building an experimental new LibreOffice
>> toolbar / UI in Python:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:KeithCu
>>
>> I'm going to add some links to places where the C++ code would need to
>> be changed and a few more tweaks, but I'm interested in feedback. Feel
>> free to use email or post in the discussion page as you prefer.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Keith
>>

> What is the target display width for your design?
>
> We may have users that are using 800 pixel width CRT monitors.
>
> So whatever you design to be on the side panel, the work space that the use
> will be doing the typing and editing in must be wide enough for them to
> "efficiently" work with the document file.
>
> When I was working with the display withs under 1024 pixels, I found many
> packages that were not designed to be easily used with the smaller width
> display/monitors.  I have some that do notwork with any display that are
> less than 800 pixels high, let alone a narrow width.  There bottom buttons
> were not accessible.
>
> So please think about the users we may have that need a package UI that work
> well and easy with a 800 pixel wide CRT display or similar limiting with
> display.

To be clear, the underlying image was created by Paulo José. Working
on smaller screens is a good question, but you have to get something
before you make it work with additional constraints. LibreOffice has
two challenges, looking good on the upcoming high-res screens, and
working okay on the smaller screens. I think as a start, the focus
should be on >~1280 pixels wide screens.