On 06/26/2013 01:46 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi *,

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM, CVAlkan <fobe...@enteract.com> wrote:
I'm currently running version 4.0.3.3 (Build ID:
0eaa50a932c8f2199a615e1eb30f7ac74279539) on the 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and
for the past several days I've been getting the notification that version
4.0.4 of LibreOffice is available for download.
[...]
Dutifully following these instructions leads me to
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/, and requesting the appropriate
download eventually leads me to an error page
(http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/4.0.4/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.0.4_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz)
with the following message:

HTTP ERROR: 504
Gateway Timeout
Strange to see a gateway timeout, as there is no additional gateway
involved. (mirrorbrain, the mirror-handling thing is an apache-plugin,
maybe that had a timeout and caused that message? not sure..)

RequestURI=http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/4.0.4/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.0.4_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz

That one works here.

Please try again - if it still occurs, then it is a problem on your
end, otherwise it was a temporary glitch.. (we switched dns entries to
a new host, but that was a few days ago)

If it still fails, then I assume the list of mirrors for that file
won't work either (
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/4.0.4/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.0.4_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz.mirrorlist
) - so here a few you can choose from:
Germany:
http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/tdf/libreoffice/stable/4.0.4/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.0.4_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz
USA:
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/tdf/libreoffice/stable/4.0.4/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.0.4_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz
Japan:
http://www.ftp.ne.jp/office/tdf/libreoffice/stable/4.0.4/deb/x86_64/LibreOffice_4.0.4_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz

ciao
Christian

If all else fails, go to the NA-DVD install page. Except for the Portable versions, I have the 4.0.4 installs, and some help/language packs listed there.
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-4.0-installs/install.html

It is not an official mirror, since my hosting company will not allow me to have a repository mirror on my account.
<http://libreoffice-na.us/English-4.0-installs/install.html>