Nigel Verity wrote
> I see that some of the toolbar icons in the Tango style have changed from
> 4.2 (for example bold, underline, italic). Is this intentional or will
> they revert back to the familiar icons in due course?

Did the bold icon (for example) change from a light blue capital A to a
black lowercase a? This change appears to have been made back in early 2014:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=63c7349bb77d34c93aa0b289e11c773c7b42733f

Seems to be permanent as it is still this way in the current v4.4.0.0alpha.
I do not know the UX reasoning behind the change.

-----
Best wishes, Owen.