On 6/15/24 18:01, Steve Litt wrote:
Let's start by getting this out of the way: Does this computer have an
nVidea video card?

No, just the Intel GPU, which I don't use anyway.

Though I do suspect it: For a very long time I have occasionally (only occasionally) noticed what looks like some swapped frames. I'll see some action I do have a done run partly backwards, or the lock screen show me a flash of the unlocked image before settling on the lock screen.

Intermittent, and has been going on forever. Sometimes I'll go for weeks without noticing it. Rebooting seems to help, but I don't often bother.

Possibly I have an actual HW problem, have had it for years, and it is getting worse. Donno. My gripes from a few days ago seem to be less now. Maybe I indeed do need a new computer, but can limp along a bit longer.

-kb, the Kent who would rather not spend an extra $1200 right now.