From: "Kazunari Hirano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 25 janvier 2007 13:29:42 HNJ
To: translate@ja.openoffice.org
Subject: [ja-translate] Fwd: [native-lang] Fwd: ODF Alliance Action Alert: Contradictions in Ecma Office Open XML (OOXML)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Louis Suarez-Potts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jan 25, 2007 1:22 PM
Subject: [native-lang] Fwd: ODF Alliance Action Alert: Contradictions
in Ecma Office Open XML (OOXML)
To: dev@native-lang.openoffice.org

Marino Macich of the ODF Alliance, of which I am a member,
representing OOo, sent me this.  Most here are probably aware of the
drama b/w ODF vs OOXML.  The issues transcend the technical; they
have real social importance.

Best,
Louis

---
Subject: ODF Alliance Action Alert: Contradictions in Ecma Office
Open XML (OOXML)

The Feb 5 deadline for national standards bodies to submit
"contradictions" in Ecma Office Open XML (OOXML), which is being fast-
tracked through ISO/IEC JTC 1, is approaching rapidly. The Alliance
urges you to weigh in with your national standards bodies. Linked
below is all the information you will need to write letters: 1)
contact information for National Bodies to ISO/IEC JTC1; 2) examples
of contradictions; 3) sample letters; 4) Alliance Fact Sheet on OOXML.

1. ISO/IEC JTC 1 Contact Information - http://www.grokdoc.net/
index.php/EOOXML_Contacts

2. Examples of OOMXL Contradictions/Objections - http://
www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections

3. Sample Letters - http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/
EOOXML_Contacts#Sample_Letter

4. OOXML Fact Sheet - http://www.odfalliance.org/resources/
OfficeOpenXMLFactSheet.pdf

Please contact me if you need any help, and share with me any letters
that you have sent. Thanks,
Marino