They don't want to control your right to read, they want to uphold an
author's right to prohibit certain types of reuse.   I hope the
demonstrators, as well as both sides of the debate, grok the
distinction.

Considering how deeply many free software orgs have delved into
various ways to modify and prohibit certain types of reuse, there is a
lot in common between Free Software legal mavens and the people
thinking about how to let author license text but not audio
digitizations of their work.

I think both parties, in this case, have fallen into a pit built into
our notions of 'copy' and 'derivative' and our acceptance of viral
licensing.

SJ