Hey all!

So, I've been doing quite a bit of thinking recently about the relationship
between free culture and my nieces, nephews, and future children.  I've been
looking around the community for freely-licensed content for children, and
there is a lot less of it than I would like.  What would be really nice is a
body of work with similar characters, etc, that kids could really connect
with.

To this end, I am working on a project to create a "board book" under a free
license. In the spirit of free culture, I am basing the book on existing free work, namely, the excellent Big Buck Bunny video from the Blender Foundation.

I'm going around to various corners of the community trying to determine if
there would be interest in this project, or related projects, and what others have been thinking in this area of free cultural works for children, etc. (I've already been pointed by others to http://peppercarrot.com/, which is a good find).
I have a write-up at
<https://singpolyma.net/2015/06/free-culture-for-the-next-generation/> and a
prelaunch page at
<https://www.crowdsupply.com/singpolyma/big-buck-bunny-board-book> -- I'd
welcome any comments or feedback from members of this list.

Thanks!