Title: Horiz. Menu with the DOM

Anyone know how to test if the mouse is over an ID area?
In this function I have the sub-menu close if I leave the parent-menu tab. That of course closes the sub menu if I move down on to it. How do I test if I move into that area it is "ok" leave the sub menu visable?

Thanks in advance!

function hideChild(source) {
        var changeSource = document.getElementById(source);
        // if cursor in the area of ID homeMenu then DO NOT hide the div
        changeSource.className = "disNone";

confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
destroy all copies.